Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First results of my functional strength training: Monday

This is my first results in percentage of strength increase. I followed this protocol for 8 weeks:

  • 3-5 reps loaded
  • Same number of reps unloaded
  • 5 sets
  • 1 min rest between sets

Chop down to left knee down 87.50% (40lbs ; 75lbs)
Chop down to right knee down 87.50% (40lbs ; 75lbs)
Lift up to left knee up 233.33% (15lbs ; 50bls)
Lift up to right knee up 150.00% (20lbs ; 50lbs)
               
Cross-body one-arm single leg deadlift 
-right leg 55.56% (45lbs ; 70lbs)
-left leg  75.00% (40lbs : 70lbs)

It might go without saying, but I’m really impressed. In the past, I have seen some strength improvement when I switched from Cross Fit video training to the Tabata protocol, but never that impressive. Plus, I drastically improved my balance, coordination and speed. As if it wasn't enough, I corrected all my imbalances between sides in only two weeks! I will post some of my last ‘’around the back’’ anytime soon to let you see how this can change your dance.


Fred Barbe
Personal Website

No comments:

Post a Comment