Thursday, January 16, 2014

Current cycle: just changed a few parameters

Since +Vivianne Carrier and I are now joining programs, I had to choose carefully the best protocol for us. It goes as follow:
-4 days/week starting on Wednesday with a movement day in the middle and 2 days off at the end

-Box jump 6 singles

-Sumo deadlift for me / Hip thrust for her (She has been experiencing pain from the hip flexors area after deadlifting a couple of weeks back)

  • Week 1: 5x2
  • Week 2: 3x3
  • Week 3: 2x5
  • Week 4: deload  5x3
  • Week 5: 2 days kind of max
-Dumbbell clean & side press
  • Pick a weight
  • 1,2,3 x up to 5 ladders (more if increasing the weight is not possible)
  • 1, 2, 3, 4 x up to 3 ladders (more if increasing the weight is not possible)
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 x up to to 2 ladders
  • Increased weight
-1 Auxiliary exercise 
  • It has to be a high tension exercise, preferably multi-joints
  • I picked weighted dips / she picked barbell curl
  • 5 1 or 2 sets
-Ab Roller 5 x 1-2 sets

We're at our 3rd week, so I already have some thoughts about it. My original plan was to alternate this 5 weeks cycle with a similar one twice. I changed my mind, for we are way too sore. I really thought doing 1 exercise instead of 5 would change something, but on a 5 weeks program, not that much. 

What I have in mind would be to alternate the ladders with a standard ''magic number 10'' protocol and see if we can make any progress.








No comments:

Post a Comment