Friday, July 20, 2012

Bodyweight strength training until I'm back

Since I'm leaving next Tuesday for Europe, I have switched for the last  month already my workout toward a bodyweigth program. Inspired most by Paul Wade's Convict Conditioning and Chad Waterbury's blog, I reduced my workout to very few exercises according to the same principles I have been practicing since the beginning of this blog. My target zone is max tension for 2-5 reps.
  • 1 hand assisted push ups right side
  • 1m rest
  • Wall assisted bridge
  • 1m rest
  • 1 hand assisted push ups left side
  • 1m rest
  • Glute-ham raise
  • 1m rest
  • repeat 3-5 times (before I start feeling weaker)
  • 2-4 min rest before 2nd block

  • 1 leg squat right
  • 1m rest
  • Abs roller
  • 1m rest
  • Pull ups
  • 1m rest
  • 1 leg squat left
  • 1m rest
  • Handstand push ups
  • Repeat 3-5 times (before I start feeling weaker)
I also planned on taking 2 weeks off from training. I have never done that since I started and I think my body greatly needs it. Because doing absolutely nothing sounds way too much to handle for my overproductive personality, I will focus on the 8 mobility drills Michael Boyle suggests and that should do the trick!

Fred Barbe

No comments:

Post a Comment